Diversity - Women in Maritime report
- MIAL is pleased to release the Diversity – Women in Maritime Report.
- The analysis reviews the data and perspectives on how gender diversity is considered and addressed within organisations operating within the Australian maritime industry.
Gender diversity focus
- MIAL’s 2019 Seafaring Skills Census highlighted a skills shortage, but also the low level of female representation in roles where seafaring skills are considered essential.
- In order to assess the work being done within maritime organisations to improve gender diversity, MIAL released two surveys.
- In total, there were 157 responses from a very broad cross-section of Australia’s maritime industry. This comprised 26 HR Manager/Business Owners and 131 Employees working in the industry.
- The Report identifies some alignment in perspectives and notes that gender diversity is largely a focus in organisational strategy. However, it also shows there are areas in which organisations could improve the efforts being taken to increase the gender balance and improve both productivity and competitiveness of their workplace.
- The Report provides findings on workforce statistics, company strategy and company policy, initiatives to promote gender diversity, recruitment, culture and barriers to entry.
- This Report will be a useful source of information to determine where efforts should be focused in development of practical initiatives that can be implemented within industry.
- Diversity - Women in Maritime report
- Compendium of Maritime Assets
- COVID19 Impacting Maritime
- HR and IR Consultancy
- Seafaring Skills Census Report
- Industry Links
- Media Releases
- MIAL Register of Maritime Professionals
- Recent Articles
- Marine Biosecurity Reference Case for Offshore Vessels
- Register now