The Maritime Workforce service delivery area concentrates on organisations who employ foreign or Australian maritime staff.
- Training Providers
- Workplace Relationships
- Fair Work
- Users of marine skills (Pilots, Ports, etc)
- Australian Maritime Unions
- International Transport Workers Federation (ITF)
Some issues covered
- Securing national skills base
- Marine Orders 70-73 (quals)
- International employment
- ITF activities
- Careers at Sea database
- Fair Work Act & NES
- EBAs & Industrial instrument interpretation
- Maritime workplace legislation:
- OHS (MI)
- State Worksafe
- Employment policies:
- Drug and alcohol
- Modern awards (common issues)
- Federal minimum wage reviews
Who should subscribe?
Organisations who employ foreign or Australian maritime staff.