Session 6 - Ammonia A Zero-Emission Solution for Shipping
View the recording from the MIAL & LNG-MFI Maritime Future Fuels & Energy Efficiency Webinar series
Ammonia – A Zero-Emission Solution for Shipping
Don't miss our next session
Hydrogen - How is it applicable in the maritime industry?
Date: 2pm AWST, 5pm AEDT 20 Oct 2020
Hydrogen is a crucial building block to many zero-emission fuels, including liquified hydrogen, ammonia, and synthetic fuels such as methanol, LNG etc.
Energy companies, including many in Australia, are working relentlessly on the production of zero-emission hydrogen at commercial scale and a tolerable cost. In parallel, the marine industry is working on engines that can use the power of hydrogen, whether as ammonia, LNG or liquefied hydrogen.
Our presenters will look at both the production of green hydrogen, the development of a hydrogen-fuelled marine engine and how hydrogen is applicable in the marine industry.
The learning objectives are:
• Understanding of the pathway for the production of Green Hydrogen Fuel
o Where are we now, Where are we heading to, What are the barriers and expected timeline and projects underway
• Knowledge about hydrogen engines,
o pros and cons of hydrogen fuel and engines, the pathway to commercial H2 engines, barriers & projects underway
o How to get certification with the existence of IGF codes
- Maritime Future Fuels & Energy Efficiency Webinar Series
- Session 1 IMO Update - The Shipping emissions reduction ambition
- Session 2 Life Cycle Analysis 101 Presentations and Video
- Session 3 Alternative Fuels Overview
- Session 4 - Methanol as marine fuel – access, opex and your bottom line
- Session 5 - LNG - Towards Decarbonisation
- Session 6 - Ammonia A Zero-Emission Solution for Shipping
- Register for MIAL Events & Courses
- Future Leaders Program
- Industry Events