Session 1 IMO Update - The Shipping emissions reduction ambition
This joint webinar from Maritime Industry Australia Ltd & LNG Marine Fuel Institute is the first in a series on Future Fuels & Energy Emissions. You can view the video and download the slides below.
The IMO is under significant pressure to progress the development of further regulation to reduce carbon emissions from the sector. Time is running out if the required international regulations are to be implemented in time to meet the targets set in the Initial IMO Strategy on reduction of GHG emissions from ships. Furthermore, there are moves afoot in the European Parliament to include international shipping in the European emissions trading scheme.
David Stephens Director Maritime Environment and Trade - Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications.
Matthew Johnson Manager, Environment Standards – Australian Maritime Safety Authority
Angela Gillham Deputy CEO – MIAL
- Maritime Future Fuels & Energy Efficiency Webinar Series
- Session 1 IMO Update - The Shipping emissions reduction ambition
- Session 2 Life Cycle Analysis 101 Presentations and Video
- Session 3 Alternative Fuels Overview
- Session 4 - Methanol as marine fuel – access, opex and your bottom line
- Session 5 - LNG - Towards Decarbonisation
- Session 6 - Ammonia A Zero-Emission Solution for Shipping
- Session 7 Hydrogen - How applicable is it for the maritime industry
- Register for MIAL Events & Courses
- Future Leaders Program
- Industry Events