Maritime Future Fuels & Energy Efficiency Webinar Series
It is widely recognised that, along with measures to increase in the energy efficiency of today’s ships, for the shipping industry to rapidly decarbonise in line with our internationally agreed targets for greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction, we must transition to lower and eventually zero carbon fuels.
As a result, the industry is faced with a significant challenge, which has led Maritime Industry Australia Ltd (MIAL) and the LNG Marine Fuel Institute (LNG MFI) to join forces to advance discussions on decarbonisation solutions, which will kick off with a unique series of free webinars on Maritime Future Fuels and Energy Efficiency.
Hydrogen - How is it Applicable in the Maritime Industry?
Date: 2pm AWST, 5pm AEST 20 Oct 2020
Hydrogen is a crucial building block to many zero-emission fuels, including liquified hydrogen, ammonia, and synthetic fuels such as methanol, LNG etc.
Energy companies, including many in Australia, are working relentlessly on the production of zero-emission hydrogen at commercial scale and a tolerable cost. In parallel, the marine industry is working on engines that can use the power of hydrogen, whether as ammonia, LNG or liquefied hydrogen.
Our presenters will look at both the production of green hydrogen, the development of a hydrogen-fuelled marine engine and how hydrogen is applicable in the marine industry.
The learning objectives are:
• Understanding of the pathway for the production of Green Hydrogen Fuel
o Where are we now, Where are we heading to, What are the barriers and expected timeline and projects underway
• Knowledge about hydrogen engines,
o pros and cons of hydrogen fuel and engines, the pathway to commercial H2 engines, barriers & projects underway
o How to get certification with the existence of IGF codes
CEO - LNG Marine Fuel Institute
Gordon Weiss, Associate - Energetics
Sanjay Verma, Director, Business Development, Marine Solutions - Wartsila
Peter van de Graaf, Senior Surveyor in Charge - Lloyd's Register Marine & Offshore
In this section
- Maritime Future Fuels & Energy Efficiency Webinar Series
- Session 1 IMO Update - The Shipping emissions reduction ambition
- Session 2 Life Cycle Analysis 101 Presentations and Video
- Session 3 Alternative Fuels Overview
- Session 4 - Methanol as marine fuel – access, opex and your bottom line
- Session 5 - LNG - Towards Decarbonisation
- Session 6 - Ammonia A Zero-Emission Solution for Shipping
- Register for MIAL Events & Courses
- Future Leaders Program
- Industry Events