Maritime Future Fuels & Energy Efficiency Webinar Series
It is widely recognised that, along with measures to increase in the energy efficiency of today’s ships, for the shipping industry to rapidly decarbonise in line with our internationally agreed targets for greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction, we must transition to lower and eventually zero carbon fuels.
As a result, the industry is faced with a significant challenge, which has led Maritime Industry Australia Ltd (MIAL) and the LNG Marine Fuel Institute (LNG MFI) to join forces to advance discussions on decarbonisation solutions, which has started with a unique series of free webinars on Maritime Future Fuels and Energy Efficiency.
We are just finalising our next series of webinars so stay tuned for an update. If you have any ideas you would like us to pursue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop in Biofuels for Ship Emissions Reduction – a case study and potential opportunities for Australia
Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 12noon (AEDT)
Many vessel operators are turning to biofuels to reduce their carbon intensity today because marine engines can run on biofuels blended with diesel or at 100%, with little to no modifications required. Some of the barriers to wholesale adoption of biofuels however is security of supply and the need to scale up the manufacturing of biofuels to enable the industry to supply the product at a competitive price point. Hear from global dry bulk shipping company CSL Group about their successful biofuels trial in North America, and bio and renewable fuel manufacturer Licella about where they see the opportunities are for the future of the biofuels industry in Australia.
Allister Paterson, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, CSL Group;
Steve Rogers, Business Development Manager, Licella
In this section
- Maritime Future Fuels & Energy Efficiency Webinar Series
- Session 1 IMO Update - The Shipping emissions reduction ambition
- Session 2 Life Cycle Analysis 101 Presentations and Video
- Session 3 Alternative Fuels Overview
- Session 4 - Methanol as marine fuel – access, opex and your bottom line
- Session 5 - LNG - Towards Decarbonisation
- Session 6 - Ammonia A Zero-Emission Solution for Shipping
- Session 7 Hydrogen - How applicable is it for the maritime industry
- Register for MIAL Events & Courses
- Future Leaders Program
- Industry Events
- Workplace relations for the Frontline Manager