Introduction to Shipping Course
This comprehensive course covers the essential elements of vessels, cargo and shipping. The course will conducted online over two days with two, two and a half hour virtual sessions facilitated by Captain Mark Pointon or face to face in a one full day session. The Sydney face to face course has been postponed, stay tuned for a future date. Attendees will receive a workbook and certificate.
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: The Role of Shipping in World Trade
Section 3: Ship Dimensions and Measurements
Section 4: Ship Types
Section 5: Commercial Operations
Section 6: Vessel Operations
Section 7: The Regulatory Environment
The course will engage the students with lively presentations and real-life examples.
The course will benefit:
- new entrants to the maritime sector as well as non-specialists who are currently working in the industry
- government personnel, advisors, policy makers from state, federal and local government
- administration staff who work in law firms, auditing companies, class societies, banks and financial companies, shipbrokers, insurance companies, transportation companies and ports, who seek general knowledge about the maritime sector
2 x 2.5 hour sessions for online
1 Full day for face to face
Fees *All fees include GST
MIAL Member: $350
MIAL Non Member: $425
FACE TO FACE:
MIAL Member: $500
MIAL Non Member: $583
MIAL currently has a 10% discount promotion for those who are registering to attend their second MIAL course which we call "2nd Time Around". The prices are:
MIAL Member - 2nd Time Around: $315
MIAL Non Member - 2nd Time Around: $382
FACE TO FACE:
MIAL MEMBER - 2nd Time Around: $450
MIAL Non Member - 2nd Time Around: $525
Please select the appropriate ticket at time of registration.
Bookings made for MIAL courses may only be cancelled in accordance with the cancellation policy.
- If a person has booked a place on a MIAL course and for any reason is no longer able to attend, the individual may substitute that place to another person by advising MIAL of that substitution in writing at least 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of the course.
- In the event a course participant is not able to attend the scheduled course, they must notify MIAL that they wish to cancel their attendance no less than 7 calendar days prior to the commencement of the course, in which case they will be entitled to a refund.
- In the event a cancellation request is received less than 7 calendar days prior to the course commencement, the place is not refundable but may, at MIAL’s absolute discretion, be used as a credit toward a future course.
- No show: failure to attend a course which has been booked without notification results in all course costs being forfeited.
All changes to attendees, course dates, refunds etc will incur a $20 Administration fee.
If changes need to be made to your booking, please phone 03 9647 6000 or email email@example.com.
*All prices include GST and are quoted in $AUD.
- Workplace relations for the Frontline Manager
- 2021 Courses & Events
- Future Leaders Program
- Maritime Future Fuels & Energy Efficiency Webinar Series